January 12, 2011
A focused person is one who walks through walls because they know where they’re going and why. Nothing can prevent them from reaching their destination. They secretly tell themselves, “This is what I’m doing; this is where I’m going. If anyone wants to join me, fine.” Of course, their attitude isn’t one of disrespect; it’s one of determination. It’s of humble ferocity. A person that lives with this fire immediately has an aura when they enter a room–and they don’t have to say a word.
Short URL: http://bgm.me/r/3001
57 Questions to Ask Yourself
- What is the first instance of being in the state of flow that you can remember?
- Did you have any friends or family there to appreciate what you were working on?
- In your opinion, what’s the most amazing idea you’ve ever had?
- Why was this amazing?
- Looking back, what was the dumbest idea or venture you’ve ever embarked on?
- Why was it dumb?
- What thought-process led you to this idea in the first place?
- Before you pass away, what’s one mark you want to leave on the world?
- What are the barriers to achieving this right now?
- What is the next step to achieving this?
- What do you do every day between 6-10am?
- What do you do every day between 10am – 2pm?
- What do you do every day between 2pm – 6pm?
- What do you do every night between 6pm – 12am?
- Describe your first undertaking or achievement that was successful.
- Describe another undertaking that was successful.
- What was the difference between the two?
- How do you feel about money?
- Have you ever been given significant responsibility over others? If so, how did you act?
- How do you react to compliments?
- Do you like to compete? How do you see rivals?
- Do you like your day job (if you have one)?
- Who do you look up to (past or present people)?
- Why do you look up to them?
- What do you and your role models share in common?
- Where are you different?
- Do you believe that some people are naturally geniuses, or naturally just more talented in what you’re passionate about?
- How do you respond when you see people that claim to be overnight successes, or simply lucky?
- What was the last argument you had, and what was your position?
- How do you react when someone is hostile towards you?
- How do you react to failure?
- What drives you to keep pressing on after failure?
- Which do you enjoy more: The feeling of achieving the goal, or the process of trying to reach the goal?
- If you never had to work, where would you spend your time, and what would you spend your time on?
- What do you fear most?
- How would you react if the above happened?
- What makes someone an expert in a specific field?
- What is your dream?
- Describe a complex situation in which you had a lot to learn. How did you go about learning, and did you enjoy this process?
- Would people say you’re someone who diligently pursues every single detail, or are you more of a big-picture person?
- What difficult decisions have you made recently, and would you make this same decision?
- Describe your decision-making approach.
- What maxims or beliefs do you live by?
- Do you like facing concrete, short-term challenges; or do you enjoy conceptual, abstract long-term challenges?
- Are you more of a visionary, or more of a person that makes stuff happen today? Why?
- What’s the biggest risk you’ve taken in recent years?
- Was the risk worth it? Why or why not.
- Describe a situation in which the pressure to compromise your integrity were the strongest you’ve ever felt.
- Are you better at starting a lot of projects, or squeezing results out of fewer projects?
- Do you believe in asking for forgiveness rather than permission?
- What sort of mood swings do you experience? Where and what does this usually stem from?
- Describe your sense of humor.
- When there’s a difference of opinion, do you confront others indirectly or directly?
- When was the last time you put your foot in your mouth, and what was it about?
- Are you a natural leader? If so, cite how you are and why.
- What drives you everyday? Why do you get out of bed? (besides putting bread on the table)
- What pace do you work at? Are you fast, slow or moderate worker?